Monday, May 12, 2008

You know your school is too intense when...

  1. You can't carry your backpack
  2. You consider carrying your backpack down a flight of stairs exercise.
  3. You never know the weather because you don't have time to go outside.
  4. Every day is one of "those days"
  5. ALL your schoolmates' away messages say "working" or "way too much work to do"
  6. You have dreams about sleeping (sad, but it's happened)
  7. You don't have time to do work for the classes you like, but know you have an A in
  8. Every single assignment makes you want to cry
  9. You have tried to do homework while crying/eating/sleeping/showering (once I needed to memorize something so I tape-recorded it and played it in the shower)
  10. You spend weekends doing homework
  11. You can't remember the last time you went out on a weeknight
  12. The idea of having to go out on a weeknight makes you want to fall asleep
  13. You have fallen asleep while standing up/eating/showering/etc.

I'm too tired to think of any more.

1 comment:

CP said...

oh my gosh, that's a crazy list! you need a new school!

I was totally like that in HS. I worked so hard and never went out. I was like that in college too. Then I got to law school and was completely burned out. I'm pretty much a slacker now, getting by with what I can.

Point: try not to burn out too early! Pace yourself, you may have years more school left depending upon the path you choose!