Saturday, May 17, 2008

Not the best day in the world...

Today I woke up, ate leftover spaghetti for breakfast, then went for a run. I ran 1.84 miles (thank you GoogleEarth) and was reminded that I haven't ran more than a mile in about ten months. Running 3.1 miles next weekend is going to be SO FUN. I chilled and studied for the SAT Math for awhile. There was this one problem that I did like ten times and kept getting it wrong. The really sad part was that it was a really really simple problem: (x-(1+i))(x-(1-i))(x+1). I mean, I literally did this problem about twenty times. I made different mistakes each time too. It was very depressing, especially considering that I have less than three weeks to figure this out.

I then went to tennis. I played someone way out of my league and lost 7-0 (the timer saved me). My serve was off. My legs felt like they were made of lead. I couldn't hit a forehand without the ball going out. It was a very long and painful match.

Now I'm home and my sister has three of her loudest friends over. Fun fun fun.

2 comments:

CP said...

spagettit for breakfast? Lol!

I would take running a 5K over a game of tennis anyday! I bet the practice you will get this summer will totally improve your game.

postscript said...

Yeah, spaghetti for breakfast :] My dad always said that if it's okay for us to eat at 7 pm, why shouldn't it be okay to eat at 7 am. (We can't have sweets, though...not that I would want to.)

Tennis, for me, when I'm playing semi-decently, is way more fun than running. I'm not really a runner and I run so I can stay in shape.

And yes, playing way too much tennis this summer had better improve my game. My parents won't be happy if the club membership plus the camp fees (plus grips and new strings and shoes and stuff) don't do anything. I have I'd say, a 40 percent chance of making varsity.

~ps