Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I am very unobservant.

The other day I was selling food at a bakesale for our Model UN. The crowd was winding down as all the kids headed to their buses and the teachers scrambled to leave before the buses made it out of the parking lot.

I was talking to a senior on my left when suddenly I heard a shriek from my [loud] friend, J, on the right. She jumped up and down and gave one of our advisors a hug. The advisor look sheepish while my senior friend reached around me to poke J and say "You didn't know either, did you!" I looked around and asked my advisor what was going on. She motioned to her stomach. She also looked surprised, and when we told her that we had no idea she was pregnant, she gave us a look and said "Well, girls, it's getting a little hard to hide...". I genuinely had no idea!

I guess it's a good thing, though. I don't make a habit of staring at my teachers' stomachs.

1 comment:

CP said...

There was this girl in my class all semester and I swore she was pregnant. She kept getting bigger, but there was no way I would ask her to find out for sure!