Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tennis, and...

A class.

Since only playing tennis all summer would probably get kind of repetitive, and since I really want to do something intellectual so I can a) put it on my college apps and b) not feel stupid for the first two months of school, I'm going to take a class at the local community college.

Now, though, I have to choose. There are two categories of classes I'm considering. First, you have the ones that would be interesting, but not necessarily "useful", either because I know them already or because they're just weird. Then, there are the ones that will help me, but might not be as fun. So, what do you think? *yes this is a hint*please leave a comment*

Choices (I'll let you guess which fall into which categories):
  • Western Civ. since the Reformation
  • US History To/Since Reconstruction (two courses. I'm lazy)
  • Econ 101: Macroeconomics
  • Elementary Stats
  • Intro to Philosophy
  • Contemporary Moral Issues
  • Intro to Religion
  • General Psychology
  • Sociology 101
  • English Composition I
I don't know. The course description that sounds the most interesting is Contemporary Moral Issues, and I think I would learn a lot, but it's from 10-12, and I have tennis at 12:30 12:00. Okay, tennis last year started at 12:30. I think a bunch of my choices are no longer choices. Comment anyway and I'll figure it out...later...

3 comments:

paratactics said...

How do you expect me - pretty much your only commenter - do give you a meaningful response when you never acknowledge my comments?

postscript said...

In response, if what I already posted didn't serve as an adequate response:

With four-plus hours of tennis and 2 or three hours of class a day, I doubt I will have time to help until August, when the class ends and I start playing for school which is only two hours a day.

CP said...

I have to say that I'm not a math person but I loved economics- and it's pretty useful. I never knew so much economic theory existed in law school, but it does.

Also, good college prep classes would be Western Civ, Us History and Philosophy. It depends upon which college you go to of course but a lot of them have requirements in these areas. To me, these are the more fun classes anyway :)

Good luck!