Friday, October 17, 2008

I bought my first suit today, for Model UN and Debate.

My mom came home from a trip to Philadelphia at about two. Since I was still in my pajamas (I'm in love with sweatpants), I showered and dressed and we left around three.

First ,we went to Macy's. I tried an an Anne Klein jacket that fit well and looked good, but I was between sizes in the pants (gah!). Everything else they had either didn't fit or looked too old or was just ugly. And seriously? About the fit thing? The number system we currently have DOES NOT WORK. If a jacket fits perfectly around the hips and shoulders and arms and is the right length but is too huge around the chest, what are you supposed to do?? Gain five pounds? Seriously.

So then we went to Lord and Taylor. Fail. I only tried on one thing. It looked terrible and was super expensive. We stopped in at Nordstrom, which again was superexpensive.

(I find it funny how my parents aren't changing anything about the way we live and spend money. If anything, they're spending more. Last time the stock market went down a lot, a couple months ago, my dad went out and bought a big-screen TV and all the paraphernalia that goes with it. This time, my mom bought about three new outfits and told me that I should ignore the price when looking at clothes, because I'll get a lot of use out of whatever we buy. My family is so weird.)

We were walking through the mall to check out Express when we passed by The Limited. My mom said "Well, it doesn't look like they'll have anything, but let's give it a try". We bought the first thing I tried on. I am now in love with that store. I like that they separate their pants by cut and rise--it saves me from having to try on a pair of pants that I would have to wear way too high.

I looked for a picture online, but neither the suit nor the jacket was on their website. The pants are just simple black dress pants. The jacket is just a classic black style--two buttons, little pockets, fitted around the ribs (does that make sense? Around the ribs?). Just a very conservative, simple, standard suit.

happy :)

Also, this site is amazing. Turn on the sound and clack everywhere:

http://palinaspresident.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack clack

CP said...

I LOVE the Limited although I havent tried their suits on...I have such a hard time finding any suit I look good in. They all make me look mannish or they don't fit at all.

I did Model UN in college- I LOVED IT!!! What country do you represent?