Tuesday, October 28, 2008

More SAT fun...

Today we received the results of the SAT/ACT Combo Practice Test, administered by Kaplan, that we took way back on September 5th. Here's the breakdown:

SAT:
Math: 740
CR: 640 (FAIL)
Writing: 760
Total: 2140

ACT:
Math: 30
English: 33
Reading: 34
Science: 33
Composite: 33

I kind of freaked out when I first saw those scores, but then I realized that this was BEFORE I started studying.

But you know what really freaks me out? I got ALL the "Global/Detail" questions wrong. All of them. I still get those questions wrong on practice tests.

And I failed the essay. 4/6. Which means 8/12. Which is bad. But whatever. I wasn't trying very hard at the essay, since I had never done one before.

I'm thinking about taking it in December. Tennis is over, so I get home fairly early, and I still don't have to take gym, so I have lots of free time at school, so I do have the time to study. I worry about the stress levels, though--my trimester 1 finals are November 10, 13, and 18, and then I have a Model UN Conference from the 20th to the 23rd. But that would still give me two weeks for last-minute studying before the test.

Any advice? I have til next Wednesday if I don't want my parents to have to pay a $23 late fee. Agh. This is so complicated. Classmates, when are you taking them?

I've already decided that I'm taking them in a town that's not my town but is near my town, because that's where I took the Math Subject Test, so I know my way around and stuff. Not knowing anybody there is helpful, too, because I don't have to be self-conscious about my sweatpants and super-old t-shirt.

2 comments:

Jay said...

And to think that Kaplan said that they would have them scored for us in a week...

Viviana said...

Do you have any idea how much worse I did than you on that practice test? I got like a 22 on the science section of the ACT because i read everything and answered half the questions..lol.

And my SAT score was pretty low too. I failed CR (exact same score as you) and math..my one consolation is that I got a 5/6 on the essay lol.