Sunday, October 26, 2008

My mom has a new job.

You may already know that my dad stays home and takes care of my sister and me and does housework and cooks and stuff while my mom works. (Apparently it's because when I was born, my dad had just quit his job and was being a student teacher but then decided that he couldn't deal with kids at school plus kids at home. He may have just been teasing, though.)

So my mom has a new job. Anonymity would be totally blown if I told you exactly what it is (obviously). She's still working for the same place, and is now doing stuff related to the financial crisis. In theory, this is a temporary job, for six to eight weeks, but both of my parents say that if it goes well, it could very well become permanent. Her hours are horrible. She's leaving the house before I wake up at six a.m., and not getting home until eight or nine. On weekends, she's out of the house from eight or nine until about four.

The benefit of her keeping this job permanently is that she takes the train to get there, not her car. So I could have her car next year and drive to school!

No comments: