Monday, October 27, 2008

Blogging as a Stress-Reliever

I originally started this blog because I wanted writing about myself and my thoughts and just events in general to come easier. That's definitely happened. Initially, though, I was having to force myself to blog. It was like a homework assignment or a some obligation, something that I had to do. But as my blogging has become more frequent, I've found that the half an hour or so that it takes me to draft a post are really nice. I'm less stressed because of this blog, for so so so many reasons.

Giving myself the time to write and not think about school is such a blessing. I don't even know where to begin. Same thing with my bus ride in the morning. It's a time that I will not interrupt for work, under any circumstances. If I'm tired, I sleep. If I'm not, I listen to music. Either way, it takes the edge off the stress I'm getting from everywhere else. It's time for me to think, and blogging helps me focus my thoughts in ways that I never could before.

Blogging also helps me not get as annoyed at the idiotic things people do. If I'm angry about something or at someone, I can write a post about it, using the most defamatory language I can manage. During the day, I almost always have some sort of post brewing in my head. Yeah, I never actually publish those posts, but just getting the words out of me and into a place where they're preserved reminds me that six months after I write them, I'll have forgotten what made me so mad in the first place. (At least most of the time.)

Blogging's pretty cool. And to think I didn't start blogging until my friend (WHOSE BLOG HAS NOW DIED) did is pretty upsetting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is rocking! I could never make a blog (to public) but writing thoughts down (in a journal like I do, or a blog like most people seem to do) is sooo healthy, just having a record of your thoughts and your life is truly amazing.

another thing you may want to consider:

Take one picture EVERY day for a year. Just one-- okay you can take more--but just one picture that encapsulates a big idea of the day, its quite the challenge, and you can become quite the photographer after a couple months.

Just an idea, since you seem to be accustomed to a daily(ish) blogging routine, maybe add in another thing.

But yeah, you got a nice blog going here, don't let it die... ever.

paratactics said...

I REVIVED IT.

postscript said...

Anonymous-

Thank you!

I have no camera :( It's on my wish list, but I have zero money, of course.

~postscript