Sunday, June 8, 2008

Welcome to the Republican-Fest

My mom volunteered to host a family reunion here today. It's the side of the family with a priest, an uncle who goes to church like 3 times a week, and two great-aunts who would be nuns except they had to take care of their mom when she got sick.

Sounds like fun, huh? This is what I get to deal with: (ps I have no clue how I'm related to these people)

"Uncle": I taught in a middle school that failed under NCLB for four years. Thing is, we have 30 percent special ed, and they try their best, but they just can't do it.
Aunt: Shouldn't they be separate?
"Uncle": Yeah, probably. But the law says that they all need to be the same. Hopefully we'll have a president who will change things up with that law. I know Mr. McCain won't.
Everyone else in the room: BOOOOOOO!!!!!

Argh. When they asked me what I'm doing this summer, I wisely decided not to mention that I'll be volunteering on a Democratic senator's campaign.

No comments: