Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The End of Sophomore Year.

School ended yesterday, thank god.

Sophomore year was pretty rough. As my mom put it, I completely lost at the teacher lottery. In my favorite subject, history, I had a teacher that I completely hated. He didn't even try to prepare us for the common assessments we had to take, and he's a complete jerk. His goal seemed to be to showcase his masculinity as much as possible. He didn't care about us at all. If I went in with a question, he would often brush me off, saying that he had an email to send or something to grade. I feel like if there were some extenuating circumstance beyond everyone's control that made us do poorly on a test, he would let us all fail. He wouldn't let us retake it or give us extra time or anything like that.

And then I had a bunch of really really boring teachers that made me fall asleep. In some of their classes, I could fall asleep and do perfectly well on the tests and quizzes.

My lit teacher was crazy. Seriously crazy. I don't think I ever saw her frown. That terrified me.

Plus, I had to adjust this year to actually having to study. Even freshman year, I could breeze through most subjects. But this year I really had to sit down and work, especially in math and chem. And history, since I never actually got taught any of the material.

So, let's hope that junior year will be better.

No comments: