Sunday, June 15, 2008

Buried

The trimester is OVER.

It officially ended on FRIDAY. It is now SUNDAY. Why on earth do I still have a lab, two presentations, and a test to prepare for??

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I need a break. My burned-out self just wants to sit and do absolutely nothing. But I can't. Instead, I get to sit in front of my computer trying to write an essay on Imperialism in Africa without the research that three of my five group members were supposed to send me.

The other day, I was talking to my sister and her friend and tried to explain to them my state of mind. They didn't understand the concept of not working too hard if it didn't count.

I remember when I used to be like them. I did the extra credit assignments and extra work. FOR NOTHING. Is someone asked me to do something like that now, I would laugh in their face.

The funny thing is, I used to identify myself as an overachiever. Now I just identify myself as a burned out student who used to be an overachiever but is going to end up with at least two grades that I'm not very happy with. (Note that my goals for grades have not changed. I want the same grades with less work. Surprise, surprise, it's not working.)

No comments: