Saturday, June 7, 2008

Done!

Words can barely describe how relieved I am to be done with that stupid test. I think I did pretty well (remember, I had low expectations) and, as soon as I got home, I threw out all the loose papers and notes I had. It was thrilling.

I walked into the school where I was taking it, which is neither MS or my town school (TS), and had absolutely no clue what to do. I saw a long line of kids checking in, and got onto the end of it. Being on line was incredibly nerve-wracking, since I had no clue what I was doing and didn't know anyone. At the same time, though, it was relieving to hear the girl behind me tell her friend that she had no chance of getting an 1800. I did see two girls from my school, though, which made me happy, but I also saw zillions of random kids who I don't know. Of course, when I got to the front I realized that approximately 99.9% of those kids were checking in for the regular SAT, so I had waited for nothing. I initialed next to my name and saw the room number.

The room was the furthest from check-in (figures), but at least I didn't get lost like I was worried I would. I was sitting in the back corner (yay end of the alphabet!) behind this asian girl who looked like the type who had been studying for years. She had two calculators PLUS extra batteries. And she had friggin earplugs. So we mere mortals wouldn't disturb her, I presume.

The proctor in my room was pretty funny. He read those instructions like he was racing someone. We did the boring old fill-in-your-name thing, and finally started. The test...like I said, not bad. I could have used a few more minutes, but it's okay. I think I still only left two or three blank, and I at least attempted all the questions.

We were the first room done. I'm glad--I felt bad for the kids still testing because they had to deal with the noise from some of the kids in my room, but I wouldn't have wanted to deal with it myself (I had a loud radiator to deal with).

When I got home, I chilled for a bit before returning to my studying and then going to tennis. The week of hell begins the day after tomorrow. I have so much to do, but instead I'm writing a blog post. That sounds like a good idea, right?

1 comment:

CP said...

Yay! Congrats on being done with the SAT IIs!!! Such a good feeling. I never got those people who were so prepared. I usually had to scrounge up a number 2 pencil from somewhere before leaving the house (late of course).

Hope you did well!