Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thoughts on Colleges

Here are my totally random thoughts on the colleges I've visited. Not in sentence form.
  1. Williams College: WOODS. Way out in the boonies.
  2. Swarthmore: Very pretty. Safety? No B.S. degree--very liberal arts-y.
  3. Lehigh: Hills. Hills. Stairs. More hills.
  4. Lafayette: Pretty!! Really collegiate looking. VERY VERY cool government and law library. I mean, WAAAAAY cool. Like, I almost fainted. They had a portrait of John Marshall, too.
  5. Columbia: The core curriculum is intense. Really intense. There is almost no time to figure out what exactly you want to do if you don't really know (please don't tell my parents I said that).
  6. Penn: Traffic and noise. But really cool academic programs.
  7. Fairleigh Dickinson/William Paterson: a) not going to a commuter school and b) if I fail the SATs that badly, I'll retake.
Also, random gchat conversation:

Him:

we debate thing jetlag

and the thing with the phone

where i beeped beeep bep bep bep

or the zrrrrrrrrr or something

you know what i mean

me:

lol

yeah my sister looked at the caller id history and told me you called

but once she told me the wrong person

so i didn't take her seriously

sorry

Him:

yeah i did call you

WELL

WELL FUCK YOU

WOMAN

me:

LOL

don't call me woman

Him:

how about

me:

sexist

Him:

womun

you want to be called

sexiest

?

me:

no

i find is somewhat sexist when people call women WOMAN

because nobody would ever call a guy MAN

me:

but yes

we need to work

I'm free between like 11 and 3 every day

Him:

i love how you understood me

i'm free

come tomorrow

wait

i have a driving lesson

have dinner here

or something

yes

do that

me:

i have tennis til six

then i would have to change/ shower/ etc

we would have to eat at like nine

which isn't really normal

Him:

damn, woman

me:

argh

men

they never listen

Him:

heheheheheheheheh

OH!

POPE!

i got two of them!

me:

comas

Him:

cards

YES

those too


I think my stats are suddenly going to shoot up. The Pope was mentioned, for God's sake for crying out loud.

3 comments:

CP said...

Picking THE COLLEGE can be really intimidating- it's like a lifetime investment! Just choose the place where you feel the most at home or comfortable, that's my advice.

and I think I only followed like 1/4 of that chat conversation... :)

Viviana said...

LOL what an interesting conversation :D
i have yet to set my foot in any college campus...i think i should do that soon.

Jay said...

"we debate thing jetlag" is unintelligible even by internet standards.