Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back-to-school shopping!!

Here's my list...

Supplies:
  • Pencil case
  • Book socks
  • Desk calendar
  • Whiteboard and marker
  • Binders
  • Planner
  • Flash drive? maybe...
  • Pens
  • Construction paper
  • Glue stick
  • Eraser caps
Clothes:
  • 2-3 pairs of jeans
  • 1-2 dress shirts
  • 2-3 long sleeved shirts
  • 1-2 sweaters
  • Light jacket
Is there anything really obvious I'm missing? I have pencils and looseleaf already.

The plan is that my parents will supply my sister and I with money and drop us off at the mall. We'll shop, then probably have lunch there. Then they'll take us to Staples, and we'll buy fresh binders and folders and pens and all that good stuff.

Tentative date: next Saturday, ten am. I can't wait!

4 comments:

CP said...

SHOES! Everyone needs shoes. Lots and lots of shoes :) I LOVE back to school shopping. I will totally miss it this year. The best is buying a planner and filling it up in anticipation of all the new assignments to come. I'm such a nerd!

Anonymous said...

HA! Last year I bought double what I needed, so now I don't need to buy anything (except maybe a planner:(). Also, who needs eraser caps? Its called a dedicated eraser. And people still use binders? I ditched that a long time ago in exchange for the folder and notebook system, so much lighter, and neater- I also have a pen that records all my notes in a digital format, so I scan my handouts in and copy my notes into a .docx file, then I have everything digitally organized and readily accessible!

postscript said...

You think the folder and notebook system is neater? I can never, ever find anything in folders. That's what I like about binders--you can file everything chronologically or however you want and then easily refer back to everything.

Viviana said...

I guess you've already shopped and my comment is a bit late, but maybe a locker shelf would help organization. Maybe some highlighters too? And a voice recorder? tee hee. I think there's this pen that has a voice recorder built in; it's probably what the previous commenter mentioned.
Oh, and all we have to do now is sit back and wait for our schedules :)