Sunday, August 24, 2008

Plans for tomorrow

On Friday, Coach Y, the varsity coach, told us that we were basically the team. That's very good. But then he told us that there could be changes, which isn't as good. What I have going for me now is that I beat a returning varsity player--he can't exactly keep her and not me without looking like a jerk. But then again, I got cut and then un-cut. So I wouldn't exactly put it past him. I'm just going to try and play my best for the rest of the week until I really feel safe.

We may have our first match on Tuesday. Then, the frosh have orientation on Wednesday and Thursday. I doubt we'll have practice because literally half our team--five out of ten players--is freshmen. Practice Friday, then we'll probably be off Labor Day, then school starts on Wednesday the third. (By the way, what is up with Labor Day being on the first? Seriously?) I looked at schedules online and we have two Saturday matches this year. Oh well. It's not like I would be doing anything, I guess. But having to wake up early on weekends always sucks.

So tomorrow I have practice, then I'm meeting my debate partner to figure out our plan for next season, then we're going to Staples! Now I need to figure out how many things I need.

1 comment:

CP said...

Half of your team is made up of freshmen? wow! I hope he keeps you on varsity! I agree that sporting events should not take place on saturday mornings- icky!