Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cleaning

It's both a blessing and a curse how cleaning can allow me to put off homework.

I admit that my room needed to be cleaned, but I also reorganized my bookshelves and cleaned out my closet, including the three giant bags of sheet music left over from when I played the cello.

I did not write my "statement of intent" for our Lit pastiche (which was supposed to be done tonight because my group is coming over to rehearse. We're doing "The Lottery" in the style of Chekhov. It's actually really funny. But anyway. I was supposed to take the notes prepared by a group member and turn them into an essay. And memorize my lines.

Neither have been done.

But my room is clean.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...cleaned out my closet, including the three giant bags of sheet music left over from when I played the cello."

That is soo sad :(

postscript said...

I kept nearly all the music, but I separated it into the "serious" stuff I did with my teacher and the "fun" stuff that I had accumulated. I only got rid of the photocopies of random pieces I had never studied.

Don't worry :)

plus, looking through the music has made me want to pick up the cello again. Just not when anyone is there to listen--probably tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm the same way, I never practice violin when my family is home. They always give such ridiculous comments.

Viviana said...

lol I "paused" violin at the end of freshman year.

And...I think I prefer homework over cleaning. Homework is my excuse to avoid chores.

postscript said...

Cleaning is better than doing certain things...*bio*