Wednesday, November 26, 2008

mm exciting research project

I officially chose a topic for History Day. The theme is "Individuals in History: Actions and Legacies" or something like that. I am going to write about Sam Adams, and how he was not a propagandist, but a legit statesman. Or, the other way around, depening on how I'm feeling.

There's this book I want to use DESPERATELY, but the nearest available copy is in the city. So I'm thinking that I will take a little field trip at some point. I've always wanted to actually have a legitimate excuse to study in the New York Public Library, and now I do :)

Of course, I either have to go by myself, find a friend who's willing to sit and watch me read about how terrible a guy Sam Adams was for hours, or bring my parents. I would prefer to just go by myself. I mean, we're talking broad daylight here, in places I've been multiple times. And seriously, the walk from Port Authority to the library will take about five minutes, and is in the heart of the touristy section of the city. But I still don't think my parents are going to let me go by myself. I need to find someone who has no life to come with me and be bored.

This ignores, of course, the fact that I have no time for such an excursion. Argh. Maybe the Saturday before Christmas? But traffic will be terrible.

No comments: