Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tennis, Day Two.

Tiring. Last night, my calves cramped up. Both my legs hurt like hell--the only thing that soothed them temporarily was warmth. It took me the longest time to figure out a way to go to bed while still keeping the warm water bottles on my legs. Finally, I realized that just bundling myself up would work just as well. So I put on two pairs of knee socks and folded a blanket up so it would only cover my legs. It sort of worked, but I didn't get much sleep.

Tennis was fine. But instead of running, they made us shuffle halfway down, then do crossovers back. And then do it again Not fun. And then during my match my opponent reinjured her hand, an old injury. I hit with one of our instructors, this oldish lefty. He was good. Man, I was hurting after that. He ran me all over the place. His placement was absolutely impeccable. I mean, opposite corners on every shot.

We played some King of the Court later, which was pretty fun, even though we only had one serve and it had to be a spin serve, which I barely know how to do.

Then I went shopping and bought yet another dress at H&M ($20!).

I bought one of Subway's "Five Dollar Foot-longs" for dinner. It was way too big for me, of course.

This post has been more incoherent than usual. I'm exhausted. Four hours of tennis plus shopping? Yikes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I had a $5 footlong italian at subway last night for dinner. I thought it was too small.

CP said...

I LOVE the subway five dollar footlongs!

My number one favorite quote about my sport (cross country) is soo true- "my sport is your sport's punishment" or "training exercise" I guess too.

Anonymous said...

You haven't written anything in your blog for an entire week (!). What's up?

Anonymous said...

i think shes away