Monday, July 21, 2008

Not dead yet...

We didn't do our core/strength/endurance/agility work at tennis today!

I got back from my vacation on Saturday. I was having fun (most of the time) for weird reasons. Last year, I didn't enjoy the trip very much, because I was having so much trouble dealing with the ultra-preppy and waaay upper-class backgrounds of everyone, along with their general snarkiness and teasing. But this time around, I was mentally prepared, so I spent the trip being grateful that my friends (thanks, guys!) are nothing like these kids.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of them to death. For the first two days. But their personalities are so totally different from mine that I just get tired of having to deal with it. I enjoyed my time on my own, though. While the others were tubing (I'm not so cruel that I would make the others be bored to death while they go slow with me), I would sit at the little candy/ice cream shop and do my summer reading or talk to the girl who works there. Oedipus the King is actually really really good! I also read three books of my own, plus my dad's book, plus the beginning of this book about first amendment rights, plus two issues of Golf Digest, of all things.

I wore my new dresses for the first time! My red one was a hit--I wore it twice, once with straps, once strapless. I also wore the purple one twice. I was astounded when I ironed it at the way it unwrinkled itself nearly instantly with me barely touching it with the iron.

Other things going on...dinner with a friend tomorrow night, then poker/game night with other friends on Wednesday. I'm trying really hard to force myself to get out of the house occasionally. I also emailed the president of my town's historical society so I can line up a bunch of volunteer hours (I think it's 10-15 hours for NHS, plus ten more to fulfill the school requirement) before the summer's over. Tomorrow I might give Senator Lautenberg's campaign office a call so I can get something lined up for the fall.

I have recently become addicted to Law and Order SVU. This is a problem, because my dad thinks it's too "adult" for me and gets annoyed when he sees me watching it (weeknights at eight on usa!). Even though he'll never actually make me turn it off, he will give me a look and ask "Is that appropriate?" every time.

2 comments:

Jay said...

SVU is awesome! And the best part is that it's always on air on some channel.

CP said...

SVU is SO addicting! I can't watch it before bedtime though or else I'm up all night terrified out of my mind. - glad you're enjoying your summer!