Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pretty clothes!

Yesterday I went shopping with my sister and four cousins. I needed dressy clothes to wear on our vacation to Basin Harbor, where my family goes every year. All of my dad's brothers and sisters go, and so does my grandma. This year will be (I think) our fifteenth or sixteenth year going. I am SO excited. We go the same week each year, and since we've been going so long, we know a bunch of families really, really well who go at the same time as us.

At dinner, we have to dress up, and the only dressy clothes I own are a) Western business attire for Model UN or b) wintery stuff or c) just not quite appropriate.

So I bought two dresses at H&M. (I love that store)

This one, in a magenta color, but without pockets:



And another one that I can't find a picture of. It's red. The straps are about 3/4 of an inch wide and are removable. It's fitted from the chest to the waist, and the skirt is an A-line shape. It fits perfectly, which is waaaay more than I could say for the no less than SIX skirts I tried on at Forever 21. I love it so much. One of my cousins found it for me. Now I love her forever :)

(By the way, the H&M website is such a pain. It doesn't have most of their clothes on it.)

I still need some stuff. I'll probably go to gap (or back to H&M) sometime this week.

My younger cousins left today for their vacation in Pennsylvania. Tomorrow, my older cousins are going home to Anchorage. Monday, tennis camp starts. Then, one week from today, we leave!

1 comment:

CP said...

there is nothing better in the world than great clothing finds- there is just something about clothes that fit you just right! We don't have H&M in Seattle- we are getting one soon though- I miss that store from my days in Chicago!