Friday, December 19, 2008

Tomorrow's Agenda

In the morning, I'm going to a craft store to get the jars I need for the gifts for my teachers. I'm making homemade hot cocoa mix, and packaging it with chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows in a nice glass jar.

Then, at some point in the afternoon, I'm going into town to get my hair cut. I'll probably also check out Rite-Aid for some wrapping stuff, since we don't have many nondenominational gift bags (which I need, because a) I suck at wrapping gifts and b) how do you wrap a glass jar???).

Then I'm going to the Gap to buy myself some clothes. They're having a sale, with ten-dollar long-sleeved shirts, which I desperately need (want?). Plus, during my trip to the mall last weekend, I successfully resisted buying myself like three pairs of shoes that I wouldn't wear. So I feel like I can treat myself to something nice I'll actually use.

Right next door to the Gap is the local bookstore, where I'm planning on getting Dreams from my Father plus some history book for my dad for Christmas and his birthday. And finally, I'll hit Stop & Shop to buy some high-quality chocolate chips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wrapping a jar:
Option 1: gift bag

Option 2: find some snowflake (or other seasonal) stencils and paint the designs onto the side of the jar. Fill the jar (prettily) and put on the lid. then take a nice fat ribbon and make a pretty bow (at least four loops on the bow). Then give it away, yes the contents will be visible but the affect is darling.

Option 3: Take wrapping paper and scrunch around the jar (lid off). take a rubber band and put it right below the mouth of the jar to hold the paper in place (paper should be sticking out and bent down-note, underside of paper will be visible so it may be best to include a sheet or two of nicely colored tissue paper between the wrapping paper and the jar- to cover rubber band). Now that the paper is held nicely in place, take some fat ribbon and make a pretty bow out of it. Next deal with the lid, wrap the paper around the lid and glue (or tape) it to the bottom of the lid. now put the lid on the jar, isn't it beautiful?

Hope this is understandable, I just love gift wrapping!

Thanks for the b-day wishes,
TC